LV72 Juno Lightvessel was built in 1903 for Trinity House.
Between 1903-1944 she served at Shipwash station as well as various other stations.
LV72 marked a safe passage through minefields in the English Channel for landing craft of the invasion force in June 1944. She was codenamed Juno after the landing beach she protected.
Between 1945-49 LV72 was stationed at Smiths Knoll and between 1949-52 at Varne.
Her final posting between 1953-72 was at English and Welsh Grounds.
In May 1973 following decommissioning, she was sold for scrap, although there were plans to use her as a nightclub.
She is now lying derelict at Neath Abbey Wharf in a very poor condition.
There is a Facebook group dedicated to documenting her history and possible preservation.