LV12 Spurn Lightship

Spurn Lightvesse;

LV12 Spurn Lightship was established by the Humber Conservancy Board in 1927.

Between 1927 – 1939 she served on the Spurn station, then from 1939 – 1945 on Middle Humber station during the Second World War. She returned to the Spurn station from 1945 – 1959.

In 1975 the lightvessel was painted red and transferred to Bull Shallows.

She was decommissioned in 1975, and in 1983 Hull City Council acquired the vessel for renovation. She was towed to Hull Marina in October 1983 and is now sometimes open to visitors.

Spurn Lightship

The lightvessel was restored and returned to Hull Marina in 2023.

Established: 1927
Discontinued: 1975