The current Spurn Point Lighthouse was established in 1895.
After it was decommissioned in 1985, the lighthouse lay derelict for several years until it was restored in 2016.
The current tower replaced the previous old High Lighthouse. It was originally surrounded by accommodation, but the foundations are now overgrown and barely visible. A sign close to the existing tower indicates where the Old High Lighthouse stood.
If walking to the lighthouse, check tide times to avoid being cut off.
Originally painted white, a water tank later replaced the lantern.
At the end of the Spurn peninsula is the Spurn Point Beacon.
Character: Fl G 3s
Elevation: 11 metres
Range: 5 miles