Peterhead Harbour Lighthouses

Peterhead Harbour Lighthouses

South Breakwater Lighthouse

The lighthouse was established in 1912 and is located at the end of the South Breakwater of Peterhead Bay.

Peterhead South Breakwater

Peterhead Harbour North (West Pier Elbow) Lighthouse

The disused lighthouse is located in front of the Port Authority control building on the west pier at the entrance to the old inner basin.

It can be seen across the water from Albert Quay. It was decommissioned around 2004.

Peterhead Harbour
In 2017 the lantern had been removed

Old Peterhead Harbour South Lighthouse (relocated)

The lighthouse was originally located at the south entrance to Albert Quay inner basin. When the quay was extended, it was relocated in 2015 to the corner of The Esplanade and Alexandra Parade.

Peterhead Lighthouse
South Breakwater LighthouseEstablished: 1912 Discontinued: Engineer: Tower Height: 17 metres Light Character: Fl (2) R 12 s Range: 7 miles Fog Signal: Elevation: 24 metrs Automated:
Peterhead Harbour North (West Pier Elbow) LighthouseEstablished: 1908 Discontinued: circa 2004 Engineer: Tower Height: Light Character: Range: Fog Signal: Elevation: Automated:
Old Peterhead Harbour South (Relocated)Established: 1849 Discontinued: Yes Engineer: Thomas Stevenson Tower Height: 6 metres Light Character: Range: Fog Signal: Elevation: Automated: