Guile Point Lighthouse

Guile Point

Guile Point Lighthouse provides a leading light for vessels entering into Holy Island Harbour.

Two stone clad obelisk towers were established by Newcastle Trinity House in 1826.

Solar lights were added to the towers in the 1992.

Newcastle Trinity House owns the lighthouse. However, Trinity House took over responsibility for the harbour approach on 1st November 1995, and it is now monitored from the Trinity House Monitoring Centre in Harwich.

Guile Point

Across the harbour on Holy Island, Heugh Hill Lighthouse, on a steel tower overlooks the harbour.

Heugh Hill
Heugh Hill Lighthouse overlooking Holy Island Harbour
Guile Point East LighthouseEstablished: 1826 Discontinued: Engineer: Tower Height: 21 metres Light Character: Oc W R G 6 s Range: Fog Signal: Elevation: 9 metres Automated:
Heugh Hill LighthouseEstablished: 1826 Discontinued: Engineer: Tower Height: Light Character: Oc W R G 6 s Range: 5 miles Fog Signal: Elevation: 24 metres Automated: