Findochty Lighthouse

Findochty Lighthouse

Findochty Lighthouse was established in 1904 and is located on the west pier of the harbour. It is no longer operational, having been replaced by pair of range lights.

The village of Findochty dates back to the 15th century. It expanded as a fishing port in the 1700 and 1800s, but by the late 1800s, some of the fishing fleets had migrated to Buckie, which had a more suitable harbour.

The harbour is well sheltered, and is now mainly used by leisure craft.

Findochty, is pronounced “Finichty”.

Between Cullen and Findochty is the natural arch of Bow Fiddle Rock.

Established: 1904
Discontinued: Yes
Tower Height: 7 metres