A memorial plaque mounted on a stone in Eddystone Road Wadebridge commemorates the construction of the fourth and current Eddystone Lighthouse, built in 1882.
The plaque, located in Eddystone Road, Wadebridge, is jointly dedicated to Sir Goldsworthy Gurney 1793-1875, who practised medicine and science in Wadebridge.
Underneath it also reads:
The Eddystone Lighthouse
Was built from granite shipped from Wadebridge.
These rocks are also from De Lank Quarry on Bodmin Moor.
The stone was supplied by Messrs Shearer, Smith and Co of Wadebridge.
Read more about the Eddystone Lighthouses