Dovercourt Lighthouses

Dovercourt High Lighthouse
Dovercourt High and Low Lighthouses

The cast-iron towers of Dovercourt High and Low Lighthouses were built in 1863 to work as leading lights, guiding vessels around Landguard Point.

They were also known as the Dovercourt Range Lights.

Dovercourt Lighthouse

Both lighthouses were discontinued in 1917, and restored in the 1980s.

Low Lighthouse
Dovercourt High LighthouseEstablished: 1863 Discontinued: 1917 Engineer: Tower Height: 14 metres Light Character: Range: Fog Signal: Elevation: Automated:
Dovercourt Low LighthouseEstablished: 1863 Discontinued: 1917 Engineer: Tower Height: 8 metres Light Character: Range: Fog Signal: Elevation: Automated: