Douglas Head Daymark can be seen above Douglas Head Lighthouse when entering the harbour.
A daymark was built to the south of Douglas on the headland in 1811. Thomas Brine commissioned the tower which was never lit.
An identical beacon, known as the Herring Tower was built near Langness Lighthouse, though this was lit during the herring fishing season.
The tower was incorporated into the Douglas Head Hotel in 1869.
The hotel was converted into apartments in 1992, but the tower is still visible. The building is located near Douglas Head Lighthouse and the Camera Obscura.