Clythness Lighthouse lighthouse was built by David A Stevenson in 1916.
The lighthouse, located between Tarbat Ness and Noss Head Lighthouses was built to guide warships during World War 1.
It is located on a cliff about 45 metres high with a near vertical drop.
Clythness Lighthouse was automated in 1964, and on 18th March 2010, following a review of aids to navigation, the lighthouse was permanently discontinued.
The lighthouse and cottages have since been sold off privately.