Brownsman Island

Brownsman Island

A lighthouse was built on Brownsman Island in 1800. Trinity House replaced the tower in 1811, and it was discontinued in 1826 when a new lighthouse on Longstone was built.

Grace Darling lived on Brownsman Island with her father William, the lighthouse keeper before moving to Longstone Lighthouse when it was built in 1826.

Established: 1800
Discontinued: 1826