Barry Docks Lighthouse is located on the West Breakwater.
By the nineteenth century, the coal trade was booming, and the Taff Vale Railway and Cardiff docks were struggling to cope.
As a result, a new port opened at Barry Docks in 1889.
A stone breakwater was built, extending from Barry Island, and the lighthouse was built on the end in 1890. The lighthouse is 30 feet high, designed by Chance Brothers.
Public access to the breakwater is closed.