What
  • Daymarks
  • Fog signals
  • Lighthouse Service
  • Lighthouses
  • Lightvessels
  • Museums
  • Points of interest
  • Shore stations
Where
Withernsea Lighthouse


Withernsea Lighthouse dominates the middle of the town. It was decommissioned in 1894.

The optic from the lighthouse was relocated to St Mary’s Lighthouse, Tyneside.

The lighthouse is open as a visitor centre, and there is a cafe and museum commemorating the life of film star Kay Kendall.

  • Established: 1894
  • Height of tower: 39 metres
  • Decommissioned: 1976
  • Engineer: Thomas Matthews

Features