Trinity House is the General Lighthouse Authority for England, Wales, the Channel Islands and Gibraltar.
The Corporation of Trinity House was established in 1514.
The headquarters is based in London, and the operational headquarters are located in Harwich.
The building at Tower Hill was designed by Trinity House Engineer James Wyatt.
A number of Trinity House depots are also located around England and Wales to service and maintain aids to navigation, though some of these have since been decommissioned.
This video gives a brief tour of the building and service offered.