What
  • Daymarks
  • Fog signals
  • Lighthouse Service
  • Lighthouses
  • Lightvessels
  • Museums
  • Points of interest
  • Shore stations
Where
St Catherines Oratory

Also known as the Pepperpot. Built in 1328 by a local landowner as punishment for stealing wine from a shipwreck nearby. Owned by English Heritage, it is possible to walk up to the tower.

  • Established: 1328
  • Discontinued:1547
  • Built by Walter de Godeton as punishment for stealing casks of wine from a ship that was wrecked nearby.