St Ann’s Old High Lighthouse light was established in 1800, designed by Captain Joseph Huddart and Samuel Wyatt, Consultant Engineer to Trinity House. It replaced the original 1713 lights.
Both the Old High Lighthouse and the Low Lighthouse, when kept in line, guide ships clear of the Angle and the Crow and Toes rocks off Linney Head.
The old High Lighthouse operated until 1910.
At the start of the Second World War, the lantern was removed, and an imposing, flat lookout built. The Coastguard used this lookout until 1993 when the operation moved to Milford Haven.
Original fittings still appear in the old lighthouse, including the radar scanner once used by the Coastguard.