• Daymarks
  • Fog signals
  • Lighthouse Service
  • Lighthouses
  • Lightvessels
  • Museums
  • Points of interest
  • Shore stations
Spurn Point Lighthouse

The current Spurn Point Lighthouse was established in 1895.

After it was decommissioned in 1985, the lighthouse lay derelict for a number of years until it was restored in 2016.

Guided tours are available through the Spurn Discovery Centre, which the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust runs. The centre also has on display a section of the former optic from the lighthouse.

The current tower replaced the previous old High Lighthouse. It was originally surrounded by accommodation, but the foundations are now overgrown and barely visible. There is a sign close to the existing tower indicating where the Old High Lighthouse stood.

If walking to the lighthouse, be sure to check tide times to avoid being cut off.

Spurn Point Lighthouse

Spurn Point Lighthouse

  • Current tower:
  • Established: 1895
  • Height of tower: 39 metres
  • Decommissioned: 1985
  • Engineer: Sir Thomas Matthews
  • Old High Lighthouse:
  • Established: 1767
  • Decommissioned: 1895
  • Engineer: John Smeaton