Records of a light in Ramsey Harbour date back to as early as 1766.
The hexagonal iron lighthouse at the end of the North Pier dates back to 1864.
In 1844 a wooden lighthouse was built at the end of the South Pier. A stone tower replaced this the following year.
In 1876 the South Breakwater was built in 1876 with the current lighthouse at the end.