What
  • Daymarks
  • Fog signals
  • Lighthouse Service
  • Lighthouses
  • Lightvessels
  • Museums
  • Points of interest
  • Shore stations
Where
Old South Pier Lighthouse

The lighthouse was originally located on the Old South Pier, one of a pair of lighthouses on each of the Old North and South Piers in Sunderland.

In 1903 an outer harbour was built, protected by a new pair of breakwaters designed by Henry Hay Wake. The lighthouse at the end of Roker Pier was established in 1903, replacing the Old Pier lighthouses.

Old South Pier Roker

In 1983 the Old South Pier was shortened, and the lighthouse was moved to its current location in Roker Cliff Park.

  • Established: 1856
  • Discontinued: 1903
  • Engineer: Thomas Meik