LV91 was built for Trinity House by Philip and Son Ltd of Dartmouth in 1937.
Her first station was Humber between 1937 – 1942.
On 3rd April 1942, the steamer Maurice Rose collided with her causing damage. She was hit again in the same year, on 1st September by the steamer Armathia.
Whilst in service, her light character was a half-second flash every 9.5 seconds. Her foghorn sounded one blast every 20 seconds.
LV91s complement was two masters and nine crew. The crew rotated every four weeks with only seven on board at any time.
With the vessel having two masts, there was no room to build a helicopter landing platform, so reliefs were carried out by sea until her retirement.
LV91’s final station was Helwick, off Worm’s Head, for the last six years of her working life between 1971 – 1977.
On her retirement, the decommissioned lightship was acquired by Swansea Museum. She is located in front of the National Waterfront Museum in the Maritime Quarter of Swansea.
She is not accessible to the public.