What
  • Daymarks
  • Fog signals
  • Lighthouse Service
  • Lighthouses
  • Lightvessels
  • Museums
  • Points of interest
  • Shore stations
Where
Laxey Pier Lighthouse

There are two lighthouses at Laxey marking the entrance to the harbour.

Located on the Isle of Man’s east coast, Laxey was originally a small fishing village, but this expanded with Laxey mine’s establishment. The mine thrived until its closure in 1973.

The Laxey Mining Company built a harbour, and a lighthouse was established around 1851 on the old south pier. A new lighthouse was built at the end of Laxey Pier in 1941, painted white with a red band.

Laxey Harbour Lighthouses
Laxey Pier Lighthouse

A large breakwater was later built on the northern side of the harbour. The Breakwater Lighthouse was built in 1946 and was painted white with a green band.

Laxey Breakwater Lighthouse
Laxey Breakwater Lighthouse

Laxey Pier Lighthouse

  • Established: 1941
  • Height of tower: 4 metres
  • Elevation: 7 metres
  • Character: Oc R 3 s
  • Range: 5 miles

Laxey Breakwater Lighthouse

  • Established: 1946
  • Height of tower: 4 metres
  • Elevation: 7 metres
  • Character: Oc G 3 s
  • Range: 5 miles