La Corbiere Lighthouse was the first lighthouse in the British Isles to be built of reinforced concrete.
The lighthouse is located on a tidal island which is linked to the mainland at low water.
At the entrance to the causeway is the former lighthouse keepers’ cottage. On the wall is a plaque commemorating the Assistant Keeper, Peter Edwin Larbalestier, who drowned on 28th May 1946 while trying to rescue a visitor who had been cut off by the incoming tide.
If crossing the causeway, take care to check the tide times.
Guided tours are available by arrangement.