What
  • Daymarks
  • Fog signals
  • Lighthouse Service
  • Lighthouses
  • Lightvessels
  • Museums
  • Points of interest
  • Shore stations
Where
Old Hodbarrow Lighthouse

Hodbarrow Point Old Lighthouse, located on the Duddon estuary, was established in 1866 to assist navigation for ships exporting ore from Hodbarrow Mine.

Between 1900 and 1905 a breakwater was built, and on its completion, a new cast-iron lighthouse was established halfway along the sea wall. The old lighthouse was subsequently discontinued.

Hodbarrow Point Old Lighthouse
  • Established: 1866
  • Discontinued: 1905