The first lighthouse at Gorleston was established at the end of the South Pier in 1852, an octagonal brick tower. The building at the end of the pier today is occupied by volunteers from the National Coastwatch Institution. A light is mounted on the roof with harbour control lights, operated by Great Yarmouth Port Authority.
The Range Rear Lighthouse is located at Brush Bend, near the mouth of the River Yare, Great Yarmouth. It was established in 1878, originally powered by mains gas and underwent restoration in 1957.
Height of tower: 21 metres
Elevation: 20 metres
Character: F WR
Range: 6 miles