What
  • Daymarks
  • Fog signals
  • Lighthouse Service
  • Lighthouses
  • Lightvessels
  • Museums
  • Points of interest
  • Shore stations
Where
East Sutton Lighthouse

East Sutton Lighthouse was built along with its counterpart, West Sutton Lighthouse, on the opposite bank, to mark the new Nene Channel, which was opened in 1831. Neither lighthouse was ever lit.

The conservationist Sir Peter Scott Lived at East Sutton Lighthouse from 1933 to 1939. He made various wildlife studies and paintings during his residence here.

West Sutton Lighthouse formerly operated as a Customs and Excise post.

Both lighthouses are now privately owned.

East sutton Lighthouse
  • Established: 1831
  • Engineer: John Rennie
  • Privately owned