What
  • Daymarks
  • Fog signals
  • Lighthouse Service
  • Lighthouses
  • Lightvessels
  • Museums
  • Points of interest
  • Shore stations
Where
Cullen Lighthouse

The tapering white iron tower of Cullen Lighthouse is located at the end of the east breakwater. The original lighthouse dates to 1866, and the current tower is thought to have been established around 1888.

Cullen harbour was designed by Thomas Telford and built between 1817 – 1897.  An additional quay was later added in 1834 and further extended in 1886-7.

The small harbour is emptied by the tide so boats sit on the sandy bottom at low water.

Cullen Harbour

Cullen is famous for its delicacy Cullen Skink, a delicious soup made with smoked haddock, potatoes and onions!

Cullen Lighthouse

  • Established: 1866
  • Current tower: 1888
  • Height of tower: 4 metres
  • Discontinued