What
  • Daymarks
  • Fog signals
  • Lighthouse Service
  • Lighthouses
  • Lightvessels
  • Museums
  • Points of interest
  • Shore stations
Where
Clythness Lighthouse

Clythness Lighthouse lighthouse was built by David A Stevenson in 1916.

The lighthouse, located between Tarbat Ness and Noss Head Lighthouses was built to guide warships during World War 1.

It is located on a cliff about 45 metres high with a near vertical drop.

Clythness Lighthouse

Clythness Lighthouse was automated in 1964, and on 18th March 2010, following a review of aids to navigation, the lighthouse was permanently discontinued.  

The lighthouse and cottages have since been sold off privately.

Clythness Lighthouse

  • Established: 1916
  • Automated: 1964
  • Decommissioned: 18th March 2010
  • Engineer: David A Stevenson