• Daymarks
  • Fog signals
  • Lighthouse Service
  • Lighthouses
  • Lightvessels
  • Museums
  • Points of interest
  • Shore stations
Brownsman Island

A lighthouse was built on Brownsman Island in 1800. Trinity House replaced the tower in 1811, and it was discontinued in 1826 when a new lighthouse on Longstone was built.

Grace Darling lived on Brownsman Island with her father William, the lighthouse keeper before moving to Longstone Lighthouse when it was built in 1826.

  • Established: 1800
  • Discontinued: 1826